Old Town Inn Hotel Nearby San Diego’s Historic District
The Old Town Inn is in a unique area for a hotel. We like to tell people that we are nowhere but only minutes to everywhere! We are on a business route in an industrial area, across the street from SPAWAR, the Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command. Originally built in 1941 to produce B-24 Liberator Bombers, this historical building continues its tradition as a vital component of our national defense.
The great benefit of our location is that you can easily and quickly get to many famous San Diego attractions, we’re less than 3 miles to Sea World, about 3 miles to the airport and less than 10 minutes driving time to Balboa Park and the Zoo. We are less than a ½ mile (a 10 minute walk) from Old Town San Diego State Historic Park, the place where California began. Today’s Old Town recreates California life during the 1800s. Old Town is home to 27 historic buildings & sites, over 100 specialty shops, and 32 restaurants. While at Old Town also visit Heritage Park Victorian Village with several restored Victorian homes and San Diego’s first synagogue.
And that’s not all!! Across from the Old Town Inn is the San Diego bus & trolley station, making it easy to get around town if you don’t have a car, the trolley gives you easy access to the convention center, Gaslamp Quarter, Little Italy and can take you all the way to Tijuana, Mexico. It’s only a short ride on the Green Line to some of San Diego’s best shopping, SDSU and the Historic San Diego Mission. The coaster can whisk you away to a number of lovely beach towns in North San Diego.
Hotel Location Map
Theme Parks in San Diego.
A visit to San Diego isn’t complete without a day spent at SeaWorld. Located just 3 miles from Old Town Inn, SeaWorld is the home of Shamu, the famous orca whale.
Don’t miss the San Diego Zoo in Balboa Park, an award winning animal paradise and world-class botanical garden, less than 5 miles from Old Town Inn. A bit further away are the San Diego Wild Animal Park, a true safari adventure land, and Legoland, a kid’s paradise.
- Legoland - 30 miles
- San Diego Wild Animal Park - 31 miles
- San Diego Zoo - 3.5 miles
- Sea World - 2.5 miles [Top]
Cultural Pursuits and Universities in San Diego.
San Diego is brimming with cultural places and events to visit and see, and Old Town Inn is centrally located to them! We are within walking distance of Old Town State Historic Park, only 7 miles away from Cabrillo National Monument & the Old Point Loma Lighthouse Museum and just 4 miles away from Balboa Park, the nation’s largest cultural park. We are also a short drive away from some of the best colleges in Southern California, including: San Diego State University, UC San Diego, and the University of San Diego. And if it’s international adventure you crave, Tijuana, Mexico is only a short drive south, if you want to leave your car behind, the San Diego Trolley System can take you right to the US/Mexico border!
San Diego Universities
- Balboa Park - 3.5 miles
- Cabrillo National Monument - 8 miles
- Old Town State Historic Park - walking distance
- San Diego State University - 9 miles
- University of California at San Diego - 9 miles
- University of San Diego - 1.5 miles [Top]
Conventions, Sporting Events & Concerts in San Diego.
If you’re traveling to San Diego to attend a convention or business event, Old Town Inn is only 4 miles from the San Diego Convention Center. Whether you’re attending a serious corporate event or something more colorful like Comic Con, Old Town Inn provides convenient lodgings for your convention needs. The trolley can take you right to the entrance!
- Cricket Wireless Amphitheater - 19.5 miles
- Gaslamp Quarter District - 4.5 miles
- PETCO Park - 5.5 miles
- San Diego Convention Center - 4 miles
- Valley View Casino Center - 1 mile [Top]
Seaside Attractions in San Diego.
Miles of sandy beaches and an amazing average weather of 70 degrees year round, make San Diego a perfect place to visit any time of the year. San Diego has an array of places to visit and things to do by the water for you and your family - shops, museums, delicious restaurants and even carnival rides! Just a short trolley ride away is SeaPort Village, stroll through over 50 diverse shops, stop and enjoy a delicious lunch at one of over 15 restaurants, all while enjoying the ocean breeze as it skims your skin. Are you here on a stop-over before being whisked away on a cruise?Old Town Inn is a short taxi ride from the Port of San Diego. Come and relax with us before or after a cruise.
- Mission Bay Park - 4 miles
- Port of San Diego - 2.5 miles
- Seaport Village - 3.5 miles [Top]
Cities and Towns Near San Diego, CA
- Carlsbad - 31 miles
- Chula Vista - 13 miles
- Coronado - 10 miles
- Del Mar - 17 miles
- La Jolla - 9 miles
- Tijuana, Mexico - 19 miles [Top]
Directions to Old Town Inn in San Diego, CA
HEADING WEST ON I-8
HEADING SOUTH ON I-5
- From I-8, exit at Taylor Street.
- At the traffic light go straight, the road will swing back up over I-8 then come to stop sign.
- Turn right at the stop sign.
- Go about 2 miles to Pacific Highway and turn left.
- The Old Town Inn will be approximately 1/8 mile down on the right.
HEADING NORTH ON I-5
- From I-5 exit Sea World Drive and turn right.
- The next will be Pacific Highway, turn left.
- The Old Town Inn will be approximately 1 1/2 miles down on the right.
FROM THE AIRPORT
- From I-5, exit Pacific Highway.
- Go approximately 2 miles north.
- The Old Town Inn will be on the left side.
- Exit the airport following the signs from the 5 Freeway/Downtown.
- This will take you onto Harbor Drive (heading west).
- Turn left on Laurel (5th light).
- Turn left on Pacific Highway.
- The Old Town Inn will be approximately 2 miles north, on the left side of the street. [Top]