Minutes to the Beach and Bays!Miles of sandy beaches and an amazing average temperature of 70ºF make San Diego a perfect place to visit any time of year. The Old Town Inn is less than 5 minutes from the water at beautiful Mission Bay and 10 minutes to Mission Beach and the world famous Big Dipper Roller Coaster! If you crave a little shopping, dining, or entertainment, take the trolley to San Diego Bay and Seaport Village or walk along the Embarcadero, admire the Star of India, enjoy the view and some of the finest seafood restaurants in town.
Near Every Major Theme ParkA visit to San Diego isn't complete without a day at SeaWorld, home to everyone's favorite whale, Shamu! Don't miss the San Diego Zoo in Balboa Park either, an award-winning animal paradise and botanical garden, less than 5 miles from Old Town Inn. Then, if you have another day, take a short drive to Legoland, just 30 miles away!
Conventions, Sports, & MoreIf you're traveling to San Diego to attend a convention, business, or sporting event, Old Town Inn is a perfect location The San Diego Convention Center, Qualcomm Stadium and Petco Park are just a short ride on the Trolley!
The Cultural Heart of San DiegoSan Diego is brimming with culture, and Old Town Inn is in the middle of it all! We're only a few minutes to Historic Old Town, 4 miles from countless museums and events in Balboa Park, and a short trolley ride to the music and restaurant scene in the Gaslamp District. San Diego State University, UC San Diego, the University of San Diego, are all within a 15 minute drive.
How Far To…?
- Old Town State Historic Park - walking distance
- Valley View Casino Center - 1 mile
- University of San Diego - 1.5 miles
- Sea World - 2.5 miles
- Port of San Diego - 2.5 miles
- San Diego Zoo - 3.5 miles
- Balboa Park - 3.5 miles
- Seaport Village - 3.5 miles
- San Diego Convention Center - 4 miles
- Mission Bay Park - 4 miles
- Gaslamp Quarter District - 4.5 miles
- PETCO Park - 5.5 miles
- Qualcomm Stadium - 6.8 miles
- Cabrillo National Monument - 8 miles
- San Diego State University - 9 miles
- University of California at San Diego - 9 miles
- La Jolla - 9 miles
- Coronado - 10 miles
- Chula Vista - 13 miles
- Del Mar - 17 miles
- Tijuana, Mexico - 19 miles
- Cricket Wireless Amphitheater - 19.5 miles
- Legoland - 30 miles
- San Diego Wild Animal Park - 31 miles
- Carlsbad - 31 miles
Directions to Old Town Inn in San Diego, CA
Heading West On I-8
- From I-8, exit at Taylor Street.
- At the traffic light go straight, the road will swing back up over I-8 then come to stop sign.
- Turn right at the stop sign.
- Go about 2 miles to Pacific Highway and turn left.
- The Old Town Inn will be approximately 1/8 mile down on the right.
Heading South On I-5
- From I-5 exit Sea World Drive and turn right.
- The next will be Pacific Highway, turn left.
- The Old Town Inn will be approximately 1 1/2 miles down on the right.
Heading North On I-5
- From I-5, exit Pacific Highway.
- Go approximately 2 miles north.
- The Old Town Inn will be on the left side.
From The Airport
- Exit the airport following the signs to the 5 Freeway/Downtown.
- This will take you onto Harbor Drive (heading west).
- Turn left on Laurel
- Turn left on Pacific Highway.
- The Old Town Inn will be approximately 2 miles north, on the left side of the street.